AECOM EHS Service Summary Sheet
Permit Streamlining and Simplification
Permit review that combines (1) focussed advocacy for simplest compliance obligations and (2) enhanced operator compliance through targeted action protocols.
- Review air permits to verify continued applicability and identify requirements that can be removed, updated, or streamlined.
- Identify and develop compliance plans, monitoring approaches and BACT to provide the most operational flexibility.
- Developed practices that allow rapid transition between operational modes and/or add new equipment with minimal agency involvement.
- Identify regulatory options for various operating scenarios and plant expansions.
- Develop equipment or process database that includes applicable air regulations and operational data.
- Identify opportunities for reduction of administrative requirements.
- Compare air permit to permits issued to similar facilities to determine if more flexible approaches can be achieved.
- Evaluate actual and maximum air emissions to determine if the facility potentially qualifies for a less burdensome class of permit
- Provide up to date information on EPA and state policy changes
- Identify permits due for renewal across NVS operating portfolio
- Agree those that have not been critically assessed recently or are will be subject to more demanding intervening legislation
- Assign to AECOM permit review specialists as appropriate to assist in developing best application
Timeline to Develop:
- Permit renewal data base depends upon NVS data infrastructure in place at present
- Actual review depends upon complexity of permit and relationship with relevant regulator
- ‘Action word’ editing for focused compliance tasks can be done at any time
Depends upon permits
AECOM Team location:
Globally with CoE in United States
Novartis Interface Required:
HSE Compliance Lead, HSE Data Manager
Link to more info / video: